Sunday, October 02, 2005

Path to the Silk Road



Are you ready for the journey of a lifetime? Are you willing to pack up everything and leave at a moment's notice? Do you trust that the nature of our quest will unravel with the passage of time? If you are willing and ready pack to leave tonight.

We are going to take up residency in the long abandoned Grotto della Sibilla, in the Umbrian Mountains in Italy. The Grotto was first mentioned in medieval, not classical legends and the Sibyl pronounced her oracles there for hundreds of years.

The only map I have is this

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Now you have to think about what you will take with you, especially given that you will need a bag or case to bring home the treasures you gather during our stay.

Find a small bag or case and quite literally pack for our three month stay. But remember. We need to travel light.

Deep breath! Are you sure you still want to come?

Write about packing your bags and leaving for three months to travel the Silk Road. Post your first piece here on this blogger in the comment section.

love Sibyl

4 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Fran Sbrocchi wrote:

I've walked the pathways
lost an hour dreaming by the waterway
launched my winged canoe
and floated past the great white mountain
flown across the sea
and painted a few dolphins during flight
but
when this morning I reached the silence of Umbria
I knew I could not go
into the cavern, or any place beneath the ground
unless I was allowed to take the sunshine with me

Now I have made my gate
and posted it twice
I can press it's magic bell
and hope that the enchantress will let me in
with my box and hope that she will let me keep the light
as I wander the strange labyrinth
and seek direction from strangers

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger jane said...

My moving into my new castle here in Blogland is in a state of confusion with unpacked boxes in every room and furniture sitting anywhere the movers dropped them, but they can wait. The butler has just come up to my room with an invitation from the Enchanteur to join the journeyers on the Silk Road. I could not catch up with them last time and stayed behind at the Abbey to do a bit of hurricane relief work, but just in case I can go this time I must go and pack my bag. She has said it could be at a moments notice...The castle is well staffed and can survive without me for a while. Phil is taking care of my studio in Lemuria and the Abbey needs no care...SO..Yes.. I am excited to go. Now I must go figure out what to pack.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

It will be an adventure Jinny. Of that you can be certain.

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Better late than never Kelly. Welcome on board and I am so pleased to see you packed and organised. The travel journal is one of the most important things to bring. Everyone has had a desire to preserve the journey.

Now slip through the door and check out what the realm looks like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home